Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hot Take: Men and Women Can Be Friends

It's come to my attention that we are not yet in universal agreement that men and women can be friends. Here's a bullet point:

  • Men and women can be friends.
Here's another bullet point:
  • Men and women should be friends.

I am blessed to have many friends that are women. I find it rather easy to be friends with women. I haven't counted lately, but I think I have more friends that are women than men.

I heard of a prominent person in society who avoids dinners with women because he's married.

I'm very happily married. 12 years so far. There are times I have meals with women who are my friends. It's not a problem. Here's another radical detail. My wife has friends who are women--I consider them my friends too. 

So I have women friends at my workplace, and women friends I've met outside of work too. Imagine.

If this is an unusual life skill in 2017, I am happy to speak at your campus or to your organization about it for a reasonable fee. 

Thank you,
Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment