Saturday, February 4, 2017

By the Way, It's Guilty Pleasure Saturday

















I love donuts. I haven't eaten a lot of them in 2017. Like many guilty pleasures, donuts are best served in moderation. I spend half my life at the grocery store. It's hard to pass up Entenmann's assorted donuts. I only get them a few times a year. Today was one of those days. Okay, let's rank them in order of deliciousness. First are the chocolate frosted ones. Amazing. My 9-year-old and I share a love of them. If parenting is a selfless act, he will get the final one tomorrow. In second place are the plain donuts. Life is hard and stressful but these plain donuts dunked in strong black coffee make it all worth it. No disrespect to the powered donuts, but they are in last place. One is okay in my second cup of coffee, but they never taste totally fresh to me. Honestly, friends, they fall short of being inspiring in the way that donuts should.

It's guilty pleasure Saturday. In addition to donuts, perhaps a Lifetime movie is in the mix, or a listen to Van Halen's 1984 album, or maybe I'll google around for facts about Robert King Merton. Drop me a line in the comments section if you care to share your guilty pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment