Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Home Run

Woke up around 5:30 this morning, graded some exams, then made lunch for my 6-year-old before he went to school. On most Tuesdays my 3-year-old son Mack spends the day with my in-laws, giving me a bunch of hours to grade, prepare classes, go to the grocery store, do laundry, exercise. My normal. But I'm with Mack today and it happens to be 70+ degrees so we went to the park to play. It felt like the rest of the world was at work until a group of kids from a nearby preschool took over the playground. Mack and I found some quiet at the baseball field. Sometimes life gives you a home run and you don't even have to do anything to earn it. Mack made friends with an older kid who pushed him on a swing for a while. Then we took off to eat hot dogs at a nice little place near the playground. Now the little bird is taking a nap so it's time to get back to grading.


No comments:

Post a Comment