Friday, July 29, 2011

Status Symbol with Sociological License Plate



Today I saw a convertible BMW -- quite a status symbol in its own right -- plus a sociological license plate to draw more attention to the car. The license plate said "Mr Single" -- apparently to announce the owner's availability. Driving a sporty and expensive BMW with a license plate that informs the world that you aren't married is rather interesting social behavior. I had my wife take a picture of me next to the car (just another fun Friday night out doing Sociology)!

Here's a link to a blog I recently wrote to explain what I mean by the phrase "sociological license plates":


2 comments:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    ใบอนุญาตโฆษณา

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the time you spotted this, I was actually the girlfriend of the person owned this car and the vanity plate. We are no longer together. I was blind to this behavior, and I can testify to how narcissistic this individual really was, and still is. Todd, what a great essay, great observation! :)

    ReplyDelete